The Multimedia Center
Located in room 240, on the 2nd floor of building 336, the Multimedia Centre is open to all students for self-study.
Semester 2 2019 - 2020
Monday 3rd February 2020 – Friday 10th April 2020
- Monday: 11:00 – 15:00 (Teacher) and 16:30 – 19:00 (Tutor) and until 19:30 on Monday 6th April.
- Tuesday: 12:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:00 (Tutor)
- Wednesday: 10:30 – 13:00 (Tutor) and 13:00 – 19:00 (Teacher)
- Thursday: 11:00 – 14:00 (Tutor) and 14:00 – 17:00 (Teacher) and until 18:00 on 24/02 and 2/03 and until 19:00 from 9th March.
- Friday: 10:00 – 13:45 (Tutor) and 13:45 – 19:15 (Teacher)
Registration: for information on how to sign up to use the Multimedia Resource centre, please click here.(You must sign up before being able to use the resources).
The Multimedia Resource Centre is the place where all students can:
- improve all language skills with specialised language learning software and prepare for exams like the TOEIC / TOEFL / BULATS / IELTS / CLES.
- read and borrow books in their original version (both simplified and unabridged books are available – for example, Penguin Readers)
- consult reference books, magazines and newspapers: Vocable (English, German, Spanish)
The Guardian Weekly, The New Scientist, BBC Focus, Cambio...
In addition to self-study, the Multimedia Resource Centre also offers:
10-minute one-on-one sessions to help with specific language needs. Teachers from the Language Department are present in the Multimedia Resource Centre at certain times (see above) to offer help and advice for:
- CVs and cover letters
- Oral presentations
- Job interviews
- Grammar problems
- Preparing a year abroad (internships, ERASMUS...)
- Language certificates like the TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS/BULATS/CLES.
- Acquiring more efficient self-study working methods
- Improving your written expression for essays, tests, exams and reports.
- Writing a Personal Statement (application for university abroad)