The Multimedia Centre
Located in room 240, on the 2nd floor of building 336, the Multimedia Centre is open to all students for self-study during the academic year.
Opening times Semester 1 2022-2023
Monday 26th September 2022 – Friday 2nd December 2022
Monday: 13:00 – 18:30
Tuesday: 15:30 – 19:30
Wednesday: 13:00 – 17:00
Thursday: 16:30 – 18:00
Friday: 13:00 – 16:00
The Multimedia Room is there to help you improve all language skills with specialised language learning software and prepare for exams like the TOEIC / TOEFL / LINGUASKILL / IELTS . Students can:
- read and borrow books in their original version (both simplified and unabridged books are available – for example, Penguin Readers)
- consult reference books, magazines and newspapers: Vocable, The Guardian Weekly, The New Scientist, BBC Focus...
In addition to self-study, the Multimedia Resource Centre also offers 10-15 minute one-on-one sessions to help with specific language needs. Teachers from the Language Department are present in the Multimedia Resource Centre at certain times to offer help and advice on:
- CVs and cover letters
- Oral presentations
- Job interviews
- Grammar problems
- Preparing a year abroad (internships, ERASMUS...)
- Language certificates like the TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS/LINGUASKILL
- Acquiring more efficient self-study working methods
- Improving your written expression for essays, tests, exams and reports.
- Writing a Personal Statement (application for university abroad)
- A1 Students and Beginners
You can reserve a 10-15-minute slot with a teacher (Thursday 16:30-18:00) here: